Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tagged

I'm not entirely sure how this being tagged thing works, but in an effort to post a different kind of blog today, and to re-motivate me, I will try.

It starts with remembering where I was 10 years ago. I was at Auburn in April 1998. We were probably mid-quarter, as we were on the quarter system. If I recall correctly, I was taking a philosophy class, and I had my first spring allergies - it was terrible! My eyes watered so much, and my nose kept running, that I could not concentrate to study or take the test one day. I think that was the only test I just flat-out failed. My hands were too busy taking care of my nose & eyes that I couldn't stop long enough to write the essay questions in an hour. And of course, many buildings in Auburn had no air conditioning. But despite everything, I was in love with Auburn. My college years at Auburn have a magic all their own.

5 things on my list to do today:
1) Set up dinner with our pastor & his family.
2) Make Jack's 1 year doctor appt in June.
3) Make sweet potatoes for Jack.
4) Make dinner.
5) Do Sealing Agents work.

5 things to do tomorrow:
1) Lucas' OT
2) my dr appt
3) find something for me to do with the boys in the morning after OT
4) Probably make sweet potatoes for Jack since it probably will not get done today.
5) take a shower

5 snacks I enjoy:
1) chocolate
2) coffee
3) more chocolate - cookies, ice cream, brownies
4) caramel/peanut butter chex mix
5) either pineapple dip or taffy apple dip

5 things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1) fix up my husband's car the way he wants it so it's DONE
2) give a lot away to ministries
3) get someone to clean my house (i really hate cleaning)
4) build a pool & patio in my backyard
5) have a part-time chef to cook the nights I don't feel like it & an on-call babysitter or grocery shopper (I really don't enjoy grocery shopping on a budget with 2 boys)

5 bad habits:
1) coffee/caffeine
2) chocolate
3) lack of exercise (really, when do I have time AND energy?)
4) letting my husband do all the clean up work around here oftentimes
5) not dealing with conflict when needed (esp with g'parents)

5 places I have lived:
1) Talmidge, OH (near Akron) - 1 year in a renter's house during dad's residency
2) Alma, MI - grew up in for 14 years
3) Charlotte, NC - spent high school, 1 year post-college, and now reside in a suburb, Matthews
4) Auburn, AL - BEST 4 years spent here
5) Birmingham, AL - 18 months of newlywed craziness

5 jobs I have had:
1) Nanny
2) Assistant in real estate (BORING)
3) Bookkeeper/Assistant in waterproofing business
4) Part-time at Ann Taylor Loft - really, not a bad job at all for retail!
5) Mom (BEST)

I want to know more about....
1) Elizabeth (since Abby didn't tag you - maybe you can find your password??) :)
2) Wini
3) Rachel
who else has a blog??

No comments: