Thursday, April 17, 2008

Making Kabobs

It is 4:00. I am supposed to be putting some kabobs together. I just spent the last 2 hours straightening my house, wrapping several presents, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen....who knows. The great thing about God is He is helping me let go. I am blogging instead of prepping what I need to prep. I spent time with Him, talked to Him, read His Word when I got home instead of jumping right in. At first I didn't want to -- I didn't even know how I was going to get everything done! But then His Spirit spoke to me, "the foolish things...." and reminded me that God takes the foolish things to the world to glorify Him. To the world, it is foolish for me to sit down, read my Bible, rest, and talk to God when I am having a family cookout at my house in a couple of hours, and nothing is done. But to Him, He's got it all under control, and if I choose, I can live in freedom (blogging in my final hour) under Him. His blessings come with obedience and surrender. I have been doing the Beth Moore study on the Psalms of Ascents. I read something of hers today, and I'm so excited about it. I can't wait to share it with you. But now, I should probably go skewer those kabobs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, that is just what I needed to hear. I have a few hours by myself and I am having Andrew's b-day party tomorrow. The temptation is to fill this time up prepping my house, running around like a mad woman. But what a gift it would be to my son if I became restful, drenched in His Spirit and overflowing with His grace. Hmmmm, now i'm convicting myself!!
Thank you for this. it's just what I needed to hear at ythis moment. time to turn off the computer and go soak in His presence.
Love you
Amanda