Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Blah

I am so tired. I was up way too late at the women's retreat, and talked the entire weekend (what else do we do when we get together?). I think I am just emptied out. I am one of those introverts that gets their energy from being alone, and after being with women all weekend, and my husband all day yesterday, I think I am burned out. I know, many of you will say like my parents, an introvert?? My father trained me well in how to socialize properly, ask questions, find out about others, meet & make new people feel welcome....it's more training that started early and now is more like second nature when I'm in groups. But the truth is, I hate big groups. I can't talk to anyone, and I feel as insecure as the next person. I'd rather be busy with a task in those situations (hence, hosting parties).
So today, I don't want to be around anyone, I just want to regroup and do some brainless activity (TV anyone?). I have no desire to work on my to do list, and I am thankful no one called all morning. I spent some great time with the boys playing and catching up with them.

But I do have to share....yesterday, we went shopping to wrap up the boys' summer clothes - and we got a million things at Children's Place! All the sale stuff was 50% off, so I got 10 polos for $3 each. I was so excited! They both had lots of play stuff, but needed shorts & I can never get enough polos for them. I don't have to have RL or Gap (though both are too cute!), I just can't do places like Old Navy for them since everything there shrinks or is really 2 sizes smaller for LJ. And it's got to at least attempt to last thru JD. I really do not enjoy shopping, so I try to do it all in one shot. I always envy my friends that find such great deals all of the time and don't spend more than $3 on any item, EVER. Yesterday was my day!

No comments: