Sunday, April 20, 2008

Quick Recipes

Okay, on a lighter note, at least at first - 3 of my favorite, easy, go with everything recipes. When I first got married, I was NOT a cook. My mom would have laughed at the idea of me cooking every night. I mean, she knew I could do it if I wanted to, but I was not exactly the domestic kind of gal. Tim bragged during our engagement that he was going to have to do all the cooking since I didn't know how (hey, I could make Kraft mac & cheese with the best of them!). [And by the way, it took Tim 5 years to make me his famous key lime pie; dinner? HA, still waiting...] Now, I love to cook. But I have to admit, it is very challenging with 2 kids to prep it unless you start during naptime - and who wants to cook during naptime? Nap myself, read, goof off, straighten the house.....I can come up with a lot more fun things to do, even as much as I enjoy making a great meal. Yum, I am so hungry now!

CROCKPOT CHICKEN
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz (1 cup) sour cream
Flavor with salt, pepper, garlic as needed
Mix together. Pour over 4-6 chicken breasts (skinless, bone in or out) in crockpot.

Cook for 6-8 hours on low.

Goes with EVERYTHING.

CRANBERRY CHICKEN
1 cup creamy French dressing
1 8oz (small) can of crushed pineapple, drained
1 can whole cranberry sauce

Mix together, pour over 8+ chicken tenderloins.
Cook at 400 for 30-45 minutes.

Goes really well with brown rice & vegetables.

POPPYSEED CHICKEN

Cook about 6 cups rice (white or brown). Layer on bottom of casserole dish or 9x13.

Mix #1:
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
8 oz (1 cup) sour cream
2 cups (2-3 chicken breasts) cut up chicken

Layer Mix #1 on top of rice.

Mix #2:
2 pkgs crushed Ritz crackers
6-8 Tbsp. melted butter
Poppyseeds as like

Layer Mix #2 on top of Mix #1

Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

e.c. said...

Thanks for the cranberry chicken recipe. A friend made it for my family awhile back, and it was a surprising hit, especially since I don't think it had the pinapple or the french dressing...it had cream of mushroom and a package of french onion soup...WAY too oniony for my taste...I think everyone will like this one better.

architectureofamom said...

Thanks for posting the crockpot chicken recipe--I'll have to try it one Wednesday when we're off to small group