Saturday, June 7, 2008

Playing together

Okay, so how do you get the siblings to play together? I'm assuming right now that one day it just happens. As it is, JD climbs on LJ. LJ tries to get away. If unsuccessful, LJ pushes JD. Thankfully, LJ hasn't actually harmed JD, but of course it's upsetting to JD. JD just wants to play with his big brother. LJ doesn't want JD to touch anything of his, which is, you know, everything. I cannot wait till JD can walk! I'm hoping that improves JD's sense of playing with LJ. I get tired of trying to balance LJ's right and need to have SOME space to himself (and I'm not meaning a lot of time here) as he continues to adjust to this younger brother, and yet communicate to LJ at the same time that he will always have to share his stuff and play with JD even though he doesn't have to do it all day. I know the struggle will always be there. Siblings alternately love to play together and get tired of playing together. I have a brother. My mom used to have to time me playing boy stuff with him, and him playing girl stuff with me. It's also kind of funny because LJ needs some personal space. Often, he doesn't want me touching him; it's part of his sensory stuff. And JD has NO sense of personal space. He is constantly climbing on ALL of us all of the time! JD craves touch. LJ often runs from touch. There are days I am just stumped on what to think of it all. :)

So if anyone has any wisdom on the matter, feel free to share. I think God definitely created JD opposite to hopefully help let LJ know that touch is okay and welcome and not scary. But for now, it leaves me scratching my head in wonder!

No comments: