Sunday, July 19, 2015

Soaking Up the Blessings

After our huge dose of reality Friday morning, I started off an amazing weekend. If I could guarantee every weekend would be like this, I would look forward to it every week!

Friday night was ladies night. These are ladies who have walked through the dark days with me.  Ladies I have laughed and cried with, shared worries and paranoia and research with.  Ladies who have seen me through EVERY diagnosis of LJ.  There are insufficient words to describe what they mean to me. These are ladies handpicked by God to walk with me through this journey.  We laughed, we cried, we ate, and we shared wine. What is not to love about ladies like that?


Saturday we woke to Museum of the Waxhaws' Living History Day and gold panning with the kids.  It was a very hot day, but fun was had by all, and I slipped some homeschool history in. Win-win.






Saturday night was DATE NIGHT!  Date night is always a good reason to be excited about the weekend! We tried a new chicken place, and bought furniture for the new pad!  I felt seriously spoiled.  

Farmhouse style, I love you.





Today we had fellowship with new neighbor friends.  (They are not really new neighbors, we just had not met them until recently.)  They have 2 boys close to our kids' ages, and we found we had a lot in common. We met them at a mutual neighbors' house, and invited them over.  I wouldn't say we knew each other well enough to say they were friends before today, but now, I think we might have found some life-long friends.  

I think my favorite part about this weekend is I spent it with the people I love the most, and met new friends who might also become a part of those precious few. The precious few who you are closest to and support you, no matter what happens. The precious few who love you for who you are.  The precious few who love you as God loves you. 


No comments: