Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Catching Up

Whew! I have thought of lots of blogs to write, but absolutely no time to write them with. About 9:30-10pm I'm laying in bed, thinking of all of the great, eloquent things I want to write, and by morning have no clue what they are. By nap time, all I can think about is I've done no shopping or planning for the boys' birthday party in 3 weeks, and shopping for paint, bunk beds, etc is right around the corner if I have any hope of getting the boys settled in their room together before the next baby comes. Amazingly, I'm unpacked faster than ever from our trip (thank you, dear husband), and now I just have to keep up with the other million things to do.

Our trip was great - LJ didn't stop playing the whole week - pushed the blue truck outside, played in the sand, wondered who turned off the water when the tide went out, made lots of sand castles, found out what hermit crabs were, and slept like a champ until the sun came up at 5 am. The ride back was a little tricky, as LJ and JD were both exhausted, but they had a blast jumping on the beds in the hotel room. And really, for almost 3 years and 1 yr old, I couldn't have asked for a better trip. I think the key to a contented parent is low expectations - ha! :)

The past week or so, this new little one has been growing a lot; I think (s)he is telling me I need to take a nap today. Maybe I'll be able to blog more soon. We find out girl or boy a week from today!

4 comments:

piklpaper said...

so glad your trip was a success! we're taking the boys to the beach for their first time in august and i appreciate the warning to not have my expectations too high :) hope you get a good nap in today!

e.c. said...

Yea for finding out! Can't WAIT to hear!

Wini said...

That is why I blog at 1 am :o) Ha Ha! It is the only time that I can think clearly!! Glad your trip was
good, hope to catch up soon

e.c. said...

ten days 'till the beach and you find out TOMORROW!!