Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Superhero

LJ has 2 best friends in our neighborhood, both boys around his same age. So when one of the moms asked me what I was going to dress LJ as for Halloween, I naturally said I haven't thought that far (because I generally don't). Now, I have friends that are excited about Halloween, ambivalent about it, and against it. I always thought I'd just let the season pass by and if LJ wanted to dress up as he got older, I'd deal with it then; probably going along with whatever my husband thought. But how can I resist him pretending with his friends and basically having a little party going around the neighborhood? So when my friend & neighbor suggested our 3 boys go together as superheros (think Superwhy on PBS - Superwhy to the rescue! - only we use our boys' names Super - to the rescue!) -- it just was too cute to pass up! So we went to the Costume store. I thought he'd be scared; LJ had a blast. He laughed at the scary monsters that moved & had red eyes, he carried around 2 huge squishy spiders, and he ran around with his friends, "Super LJ to the rescue!"

What is more fun than that?

2 comments:

e.c. said...

I think that is really great that he wants to dress up...some kids are really scared by that...hooray! We are trying to get Jack to be an army man this year b/c my mom just shelled out some money buying him a hat, camo shirt and army jacket at the army surplus store, but he is dead set on being a star wars character...again!

Katherine said...

well, he loves the idea of it. putting it on is a whole other challenge, but i'm hoping with a little peer pressure that day, it'll be more fun than fuss. :)