Monday, August 4, 2008

Forgiving

So in answer to my prior blog, I was reading last week and read either in the Bible or another book (though it is I think in the book of John of the Bible), "Forgive as the Lord forgave you." And the Holy Spirit convicted me. It's funny how you can read the same things a million times, friends can tell you that you need to forgive, but when God convicts you through the Holy Spirit, you just have to listen whether you feel like it or not. God has forgiven me so much more than the little things people have done to hurt me. He has forgiven me everything. He asks us to forgive "seventy times seven" and to "turn the other cheek". My life was "bought with a price", that price being the life of Jesus Christ, a price I can never repay. His life was perfect and it paid for all of my sin. It is a very humbling Truth. And it reminds me that my life is worth nothing without Him in it. What I have to forgive is like one grain of sand in comparison to the vast sea that He has washed over my sin as white and pure as snow. It doesn't mean it's easy, but in the end, obedience and a pure heart reap blessing upon blessing. And now my heart is at peace again.

No comments: