Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Weaknesses

One of my big pride issues is being ditzy. I hate it when I am ditzy. I feel very unintelligent when I say something I feel is stupid. I do not have that beautiful gift of being able to laugh at myself very well. But I have to say, being pregnant and having children helps cure you of that. Today is one of those days. One of those days you send out 3 emails to invite people to a party that you are obviously not helping plan very well. One of those days where a fly dies in your ice cream bowl. One of those days you are just not paying attention to anything you are doing, yet you feel like you woke up today with all of your brain cells working. On a day I would have beaten myself up for my stupidity in prior years, I am finally learning it's okay. It's okay to play a telephone pictionary game and write down "No Mor Chicken" for the Chick-Fil-A slogan instead of "Eat Mor Chicken". It's funny. It's ridiculous. People get confused when things I say or do don't make any sense. But it's LIFE, and God designed us to be able to laugh at those things. I'm so thankful (sigh). I sure need to know my brain cells don't have to work all the time. :)

1 comment:

Motherfaker said...

hey!! I found you! I love blogs....I used to have one, but abandoned it about a year ago....feel free to read....it was so good to see you at the beach! I hope we can do it again next year!