Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Spring Fever



The last couple of days in North Carolina have been warm, sunny, and gorgeous!  We are having a hard time committing to finishing our daily school and chores, and the neighbors are having a blast outside!  The walkie-talkies are going strong, kids are running everywhere, birds are stretching their wings, and the crickets and frogs are back as if it is summer-time.  It feels like spring, but the weathermen promise us winter will be back by the weekend.  While my list of responsibilities is long, I have made myself go outside and soak in some Vitamin D.  It gives new life, new joy, and a new perspective.  It helps us breathe.

How often we do not realize what we need until God provides it?  We have had so much rain and so many cloudy days lately, when God provided the sun, we have raced outside to soak in its rays.  How much like life is this?  We trudge on in life, its burdens weighing us down, not realizing how much we need the Son of God, and to soak in His life, His righteousness, His grace.  So often, we forget to soak in His Word, stop and listen to His Spirit, or sit and pray for His life to be poured into us.  

Despite my best attempts, I have not been able to blog as much as I would enjoy.  Finding time to sit and breathe has been my biggest challenge.  I am looking forward to spring, homeschooling slowing down, and having a little more time to sit and soak in the sun....in the meantime, I will continue to carve out moments to write, even if it is something small, like today.  

No comments: