Saturday, February 21, 2009

Toilet Training

I am SUPER excited that LJ is doing so well with potty training. I realize he's 3 and a half and beyond ready, but huge pregnant and with a newborn, I just wasn't ready. It has been amazing. Tim had a four day weekend, and we agreed we were not going to do anything but potty train LJ. So yesterday we started asking him a million times, he tells us yes when he has to go, we take him, he goes, he gets M&Ms. After all the bad stories (though I've heard great ones too), I think waiting longer was the way to go with LJ. I really did not expect it to be this easy. And I really did not expect to be so proud that my child is wearing underwear! :)

You know, I've learned as a mother to appreciate the simple things and have the lowest of expectations. If this is all I've accomplished this week, it is enough! God is good!

No comments: