Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for my son, who has autism and shows little to no affection, who wrapped his arms around his baby sister and greeted her with, "I haven't said good morning to you yet," as if he said that to any of us on any given day.

The normal becomes the precious.

Today I am thankful for the instant joy of a baby's smile, even after hours of crying and discontent.

"I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow." Jeremiah 31:13, NIV

Today I am thankful for a son's sacrifice for his sibling, for his unconditional love for his brother.

Christ humbles me with this precious gift, the gift of a son who can love and forgive better than I, a son filled with Christ-like compassion.

Today I am thankful for a girl who brims with passion and devours the Word with her mind.

"So is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11, NIV

Today I am thankful for a husband's love, a transformed life, overflowing with the Spirit.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."  Isaiah 55:9, NIV 


No comments: